Wednesday, June 9, 2010

It's The Little Things

Many times it is the little things that I find to be most special about the relationship I have with Jeff. A knowing look here, a finished sentence there (although, I'm usually accused of interrupting him!).

One of the things Jeff has done for me over the years is make me various mixes of music. They started off as mix tapes, but we've since moved on to CDs. ;-) One of these mix tapes was actually one of the first gifts he ever gave me when we were dating. We're now approaching 30 of these creative compilations, the most recent of which I just received a couple of weeks ago.

I appreciate how much thought he puts into these projects. It's not simply some of his favorite stuff thrown on a CD. Oh no; nothing of the like would ever satisfy Jeff's appetite for creativity and perfection. He painstakingly creates artwork for each CD, and the music itself adheres to some kind of theme. Recent examples include one on which each song represents a different genre and one on which each song is somehow related to the previous song. The latter was a fun one because I got to try to figure out how each one related to the previous.

Of course, I enjoy the music, and I enjoy getting presents, but the most significant part of it all is how much time and effort he puts into these mix CDs for little, old me. He loves making me smile and laugh. I honestly think some of the best moments in his life have been seeing my face the first time I see what he has made for me, and that makes me feel more loved than probably anything else in the universe.

1 comment:

  1. I just read this post again and it made me tear up, just a little. I love you, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete